I’m reaching out with a bonus today, inspired by the most sweet, delectable apple I had the pleasure of eating this morning. I need more of this in my life thought I, and I want the same for you dear readers! With that…
12 Ways to Eat More Apple this Fall
- Bake chopped apple with cinnamon, nutmeg, and a splash of maple for breakfast, a snack, or dessert
- Make applesauce by cooking down in a covered pot with water, raw apple cider vinegar, and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Bonus tip: use applesauce in place of, or in addition to gravy with your Thanksgiving turkey.
- Dice and toss in salads for crunch
- Slice and wrap them up with your favorite sandwich fixings in a collard green leaf or cabbage leaf
- Caramelize an onion; in the same pan, sauté sliced apple for a sweet side dish
- Make a salsa with jalapeno, onion, cilantro, ginger, and a squeeze of lime
- Grill them
- Roast chopped apple with chopped cauliflower and a splash of olive oil
- Make apple chips by slicing into ¼ inch rings, sprinkle with cinnamon and bake at 250° F for 50 minutes; flip and bake for another 50 minutes.
- Add them to your omelet with cheddar cheese, mushrooms, and fresh thyme
- Slice thick horizontal slices and spread with your favorite nut butter for an apple “sandwich”
- Toss thickly sliced apple in a roasting pan with pork tenderloin and sprinkle with sliced onion, fresh rosemary, sage, and thyme. Drizzle with honey or maple syrup and roast.
An apple a day may or may not keep the doctor away, but it’s sure to keep a smile on your face. Enjoy.